Sonntag, 15. März 2015

U-Turn Mitts in Crochet?

I haven't finished a crochet piece for some time ... or even started one, to be honest. But lately, just after I'd published the U-Turn Mitts knitting pattern, someone on Ravelry asked whether it would be possible to do this in crochet ... and that got me thinking ... and then trying it out.

When I started out, I didn't really like it - it all looked sort of crumply and the texture was "all wrong" (meaning, it wasn't the texture that you're accustomed to when you're knitting ...).

But I persevered, and it started to look better :) I even started to appreciate the "crochet look and feel" that suits pattern and yarn. So I finished one mitt and started the next one ... I guess I will write up the pattern - even though it will rather be a "knitting pattern in crochet" than a real crochet pattern.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen